: Leadership Indianapolis Board of Directors
: March 31, 2017
About Leadership Indianapolis
The mission of Leadership Indianapolis is to educate, inspire and mobilize community leaders to serve and strengthen greater Indianapolis.
Indianapolis has a proud history of community leadership. For decades, Indianapolis civic leaders have worked selflessly to improve the quality of life, stature and assets of our city. If we want Indianapolis to be a great 21st century city, there is more work to be done when it comes to identifying and strengthening our pipeline of civic talent.
At Leadership Indianapolis, we believe that the intentional and strategic development of community leaders will increase the vitality and sustainability of Indianapolis. We are building on our city’s tremendous legacy of community leadership with our current program lineup, which includes Civic Boot Camp, Civic Leadership Summit, Get on Board, LEAD, Opportunity Indianapolis and the Stanley K. Lacy Executive Leadership Series®. We will continue to grow programs and initiatives that help Indianapolis build and develop our pipeline of civic leaders.
The CEO of Leadership Indianapolis will lead a committed team of community leadership professionals to further accelerate the work of Leadership Indianapolis by continuing to deliver exceptional programming, events and mobilization opportunities to engage an exceptional pipeline of community leaders. The CEO will drive funding support and strategic partnerships to exponentially leverage the solid talent, financial stability, reputation and program foundation built to date by the organization’s founding CEO, staff and board.
The role will be primarily focused on external engagement, operations and innovation.
- Raise the profile of the organization
- Mobilize existing (and future) pipeline of community leaders
- Accelerate strategic alliances with key local, regional and national organizations
- Unite stakeholders around our inspiring vision
- Serve in high-profile role as lead media and community contact
- Nurture relationships with existing funding sources
- Expand corporate and individual partnership programs
- Build new revenue streams to support rapid organizational growth
- Lead professional staff to achieve goals
- Develop annual and multi-year plans and align necessary resources to execute plans
- Oversee high-quality programs
- Build revenue streams and sustainable funding models to support continued growth
- Engage board members and stakeholders
- Provide strategic vision
- Expand organizational impact and reach
- Identify best practices for community leadership programming and initiative implementation
- Grow recognition of organization as a thought leader on community leadership
- Proven experience as the leader of a high-profile non-profit organization, business or community initiative
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a track record for leading and building an organization during period of rapid growth
- Exceptional strategic vision, business acumen and planning abilities
- Aggressive developer of partnerships, strategic alliances and relationships to expand reach
- Well respected and highly visible in the community, with an extensive network across key community sectors
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Significant background engaging a board of directors and volunteers
- Demonstrated commitment to community leadership with high degree of current community engagement
- Education: bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements
by March 31, 2017 to: CEOsearch@leadershipindianapolis.com